The Competition Squad is composed of select members of the JV and Varsity squads. Separate tryouts for the Comp squad are held during the summer, after the JV and Varsity squads (Unity) have returned from UCA Cheer Camp.
Commitment to the Comp squad is in addition to your existing responsibilities on Unity.
* 2017-2018 Comp Squad *Tryout Results
Congratulations to the members of the 2017-2018 Competitive Squad!
* 2016 National Champions! *
The 2015-2016 Competition Squad earned 1st Place at the JAMZ National Cheer Competition in Las Vegas!
* 2015 National Champions! *
The 2014-2015 Competition Squad earned 1st Place at the JAMZ National Cheer Competition in Las Vegas!
2014 Second Place National Champions
The 2013-2014 Competition Squad earned 2nd Place at the National Cheer Competition in Las Vegas!
Six Flags Competition
Cheerleader admission to the park is already included in the fees that Cheer has paid.
Parents and siblings will need to pay park admission plus competition admission fees to watch the performance. Buying tickets at the gate is much more expensive then buying them online in advance.
Use the promo code JAMZ to get park and comp admission for just $37.56.
Competitive cheerleaders wanted to get back our
Roseville Cheer will be holding tryouts for the 2017-2018 competition team in mid-summer. The mission of this team is to represent Roseville High School in
competitions throughout Northern California.
Team members will be responsible for all costs associated with the season, including but not limited to: uniform, competition fees, and travel expenses. You must be current on your Unity account to be considered for the Comp squad.
During the summer, practices will typically be held immediately following Unity practice. After school starts, the practice schedule will likely change.
Team members understand Comp requires additional practices--sometimes on Saturdays--and typically weekend competitions. Families must understand the additional commitment and know there will be mandatory practices leading up to every competition.
Competition Schedule: TBD
Coaches reserve the right to make
changes to the line-up depending on the team's ability and growth throughout
A Comp Team Tryout clinic will be held on July 20th 10-2
At the clinic we will go over possible jump sequences and stunt sequences, attendance is highly encouraged.
Comp Team Tryouts will be on July 21 at 10am in the RHS Big Gym
- You will tryout in groups of 2.
- You will be assigned partners.
- You will perform the extreme routine and cheer you learned at camp. There will be an additional jump sequence added to the Extreme routine.
- It is up to you and your partners to practice on your own time!
- You will be asked to perform or attempt specific stunting and tumbling skills.
- You will be evaluated on your dance and cheer skills, all tumbling and stunting ability, including flexibility. Remember, the more versatile you are, the more valuable you are to the team.
- On the tryout day, please wear your 2017 All American outfit.
We are thrilled there has already been interest in trying out. We are fighting to get the National Championship title back and have high expectations for our athletes! The coaches were so proud of all that was accomplished in past years, thanks to dedicated athletes and VERY involved parents!
You will get out of this as much as you put into it. We can't wait to see what we will do this season!